CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Irelynn's meltdown

Today was a rough day I'm sick and tired and have a hard time getting off of the couch so the garbage can is quickly turning into the entire house which is stressing me out. Well I happened to notice that Irelynn had drawn all over my couch with a pen. She knows better which pisses me off even more but she did admit to it So I grounded her from TV and told her she was going to have to clean the house for a punishment. I think she thought I meant the whole house rather than pick up her toys,shoes, clothes and blankets which are practically the whole house. She had the biggest melt down. I could hear her crying and screaming in the computer room then she comes out and I tell her she needs to clean she looks at me as if she wants to hit me and says "you're stupid" so I put her on time out. She kept crying and telling someone that I give her a headache and when I come back to talk to her she tells me she was going to write me stupid letters I started to laugh so I walked away. I think she meant that she was going to write me a letter telling me I am stupid. So I told her she could get off time out and needed to start cleaning and she was a different child she starting cleaning up everything. I asked her to clean the toy room and she was cheerful and said okay mamma and did the same thing when I told her to clean her room. After it was all clean I hugged her and told her I loved her and she said Mom I prayed to Heavenly Father that you would be my mom again. I cried.

2 comments:

Craig, Sarah, Liv & Sev said...

Sounds like yours are spit fire like mine!
They know just what to say to make you crazy then make you melt.
Those little devils!
I miss ya!
-Sarah

Andrea Wiseman said...

is it bad that I'm laughing? That crap is hilarious when it's not your kid. I was just having this conversation with my frien this morning-I can't believe the pure disobedience to my face. Like "no you can't do that." "es I can mom and I'm gonna" How can I be expected to not beat my kid?