CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First Impressions

For some unknown reason to Troy and I, we always give the impression that we are less active and just starting to come back to church in what ever ward we move into. It's bizzaar to me that even though we don't miss church unless we are out of town and I even make comments in class the ward members in our ward especially the bishopric have thought we were less active. We were asked about 2 weeks ago to give a talk and the counselor asking us was so tentative about even asking us to talk and then he practically tried to write our talks for us because I don't think he believed we could do it. Luckily Troy and I prayed very hard over our talks that we gave this last sunday. We were able to have the spirit with us and I had several people tell me it was the best talk they had ever heard. A couple people told my sister that they were shocked. They had no idea I was so spiritual they told her they thought we were less active...in the end the bishopric told us what a great job we did and that they were sorry they waited so long to ask us to speak. Maybe now I can get a teaching calling in the ward....

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Be careful what you wish for!
I have to say that you are an amazing speaker. I'm sure there are more than a few eyes on you for future jobs. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Andrea Wiseman said...

that is hilarious-do you wear jeans to church? Do you come smelling like smoke? So I just figured out that that text was from you-looking back at my old texts I saw the one you sent with your new #-so now you're programmed in. I just got a calling......nursery. Yea! Cal JUST got put in-oh well so much for feelin the spirit on Sundays! The same thing happened with Gabrielle-got called into primary. He said it would only be for 6 mos. sweet

Andrea said...

wow, obviously the just don't know how incredibly spiritual you really are. Sheesh, what is wrong with everyone in that ward. Hahaha, actually I loved that ward, but maybe I will have to change my opinion. Just kidding.