CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 9, 2009

His Hands....



Dear Troy's Sisters,
I am giving you fair warning to stop reading any farther on this post as it might cause your stomachs to turn queezy...Troy came home yesterday with his hands covered in blisters and had a huge gash in them and yet he woke up early again to go to work without complaint. How can I not say something?

These hands of his once embarassed to touch my skin because of a stupid girl who criticized their roughness...have become the most beautiful hands on the earth to me. Blisters and a large gash cover these hands from days of strenuous labor in the hot sun to provide a roof over my head and time during the day to be the one my children come to to kiss their boo-boos. I've watched these hands play tea parties and have picnics. Never are these hands to tired to play with his adoring kids. These hands have wiped away my tears when I feel unattractive or scared. These hands have made me breakfast in bed and played with the kids so I might sleep in. Best of all these hands have made me feel so proud when I am the one holding them. May these hands never feel embarassed because they have produced 1 hell of a MAN!!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Love this! Very sweet of you, lady. You are both awesome people and I'm glad we're friends!

Jillian Goulding said...

love this post janis..and yes, let's get together soon!!! i know we keep saying that but really...let's do it!!

Boyack Family said...

Love this! you are so poetic!
I have felt the very same way about my own hubby's hands. I am always amazed by love.