CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

30 Day Challenge

So my adoring fans have been giving me crap for my terrible blogging skills. Apparently I need to write more. That's it you've done it. I am now going to give you way more information about me than you ever could imagine. I am going to blog everyday for 30 days....hopefully I can keep you entertained. Which really is the reason I take a hiatus from blogging. I want to be funny when I write and have things to say so we'll see how it goes..

I do want to write about my little Kalaya so I can keep this like a journal entry. I have a big mural (really just a butterfly and sky tattoo covering up an ex husbands name and not so well by the way) on my lower back. Side note: I got my ex's name when I was 19. I was so proud to come home and show my older brother who had a lot of tattoos and was just coming back to church. When I showed him what I had done I'll never forget his reaction. He had a game in his hand and he threw it against the wall and started to cry which wasn't the reaction I expected. He told me "you have no idea what you just did. When I was in the presence of the Lord I wanted to rip my skin off and hide. I was so ashamed of my skin" my brother was not going to church for a good 12 years of his life and miracously came back. I knew something special brought him back but this is the only clue he has ever given to his sacred experience and we have never talked about it since. I still thought it was an over reaction. I never regretted getting my cover-up and never thought about removing it but never forgot his words. Flash forward to looking at my Irelynn with pen tattoos drawn on her beautiful clean skin. I knew what my brother was talking about. Her once clean beautiful skin was ugly and discolored and at that point I knew what I had to do...BRAIN WASH! I tell my kids all the time that my skin is ugly because tattoos are ugly and they have such pretty skin. I thought the brain washing was going pretty well until this conversation with my 2 yr old:
Kalaya: Whats that on you back?
me: Mommy was a bad girl and made her skin all ugly but I wish I had pretty skin like you
Kalaya: I a bad girl
Me: No you are a good girl with pretty skin
Kalaya: No I a bad girl I hate my dad I need a tattoo...

I'm praying that we both make it out alive in her teenage years!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Give me back my Kid!!!!

Jillian Goulding said...

hahahaha. that is so classic.